Tuesday, August 27, 2013

WHAT GUIDES YOUR LIFE?

Today's promise: God will help you understand his Word

What guides your life?

Oh, how I love your law! I think about it all day long. Your commands make me wiser than my enemies, for your commands are my constant guide. Yes, I have more insight than my teachers, for I am always thinking of your decrees. I am even wiser than my elders, for I have kept your commandments. I have refused to walk on any path of evil, that I may remain obedient to your word. I haven't turned away from your laws, for you have taught me well. How sweet are your words to my taste; they are sweeter than honey. Your commandments give me understanding; no wonder I hate every false way of life. Your word is a lamp for my feet and a light for my path.
Psalm 119:97-105 NLT

No Other Book
I have guided my life by the Bible for more than 60 years, and I tell you there is no book like it. It is a miracle of literature, a perennial spring of wisdom, a wonder of surprises, a revelation of mystery, an infallible guide of conduct, and an unspeakable source of comfort.

Pay no attention to people who discredit it, for I tell you that they speak without knowledge. It is the Word of God itself.

Study it according to its own direction. Live by its principles. Believe its message. Follow its precepts.

No man is uneducated who knows the Bible, and none is wise who is ignorant of its teachings.
Samuel Chadwick

Quoted by R. Kent Hughes in 1001 Great Stories and Quotes (Tyndale House) pp 29-30

Content is derived from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation and other publications of Tyndale Publishing House


No comments:

Post a Comment