Thursday, October 24, 2013

A PRAYER FOR FORGIVENESS AND MERCY

Today's promise: God forgives all sins, no matter how big

A prayer for forgiveness and mercy

Nothing can ever separate us from His love…
Romans 8:38 NLT

For the honor of your name, O Lord, forgive my many, many sins… Turn to me and have mercy on me, for I am alone and in deep distress. My problems go from bad to worse. O, save me from them all! Feel my pain and see my trouble. Forgive all my sins.
Psalm 25:11, 16-18 NLT

Like dominoes…
Have you ever felt as though the problems in your life were like a series of dominoes? One domino falls down, and it sets off a chain reaction that knocks down the rest of the dominoes. David felt that his problems were going from bad to worse — his enemies had surrounded him, waiting for his ultimate demise. David could see no way out. But even in his despair, he knew there was one whom he could always trust to help him. He turned to God, confessed his sins, asked for forgiveness, and pleaded for mercy.

When we are separated from God because of our sins, we need to repent and ask for forgiveness. Then, with a clean heart, we can come before him and ask for help. He will hear and answer us "for the honor of his name."

A prayer for today:

Dear God, for the honor of your name, please forgive my many, many sins and have mercy on me…

from The One Year Book of Bible Prayers Bruce Barton, general editor (Tyndale) entry for October 10

Content is derived from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation and other publications of Tyndale Publishing House


No comments:

Post a Comment