Tuesday, July 16, 2013

DOES GOD REALLY CARE ABOUT THE POOR?

Today's promise: God helps those who help the poor
Does God really care about the poor?
Who else protects the poor and needy from those who want to rob them?
Psalm 35:10 NLT

As for me, I am poor and needy, but the Lord is thinking of me right now.
Psalm 40:17 NLT

He will rescue the poor when they cry to him; he will help the oppressed, who have no one to defend them.
Psalm 72:12 NLT
"I'll just have to go blind"
A man was having a lot of trouble with his eyes. His doctor examined him and recommended the name of another doctor he should visit, saying, "I would advise you to go at once and take plenty of money with you, for it's going to cost a lot."

The man had eighty dollars in the bank, so he got his money and went to see the other doctor. After examining him, the doctor said, "I never accept less than five hundred dollars for this particular operation."

"Well, then," said the man, "I guess I'll just have to go blind, because I have only eighty dollars."

But the good doctor said, "There is one other way to solve our trouble. You don't have enough to pay the bill, and I can't charge you as little as eighty dollars, but there is another way open to us — I will do the operation for nothing." And that is just what he did.
adapted from a story by Kenneth N. Taylor, quoted in 1001 Great Stories and Quotes by R. Kent Hughes (Tyndale House) p 180
Content is derived from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation and other publications of Tyndale Publishing House

No comments:

Post a Comment